Friday, June 11, 2010

I want to be a Black Belt in Kyusho, but how?

Since I first starting writing articles on Kyusho on my first Kyusho website several years ago I am often asked as to how someone can obtain a Black Belt in the art. So today I will explain what is necessary to achieve this, but not from the local perspective, but for those of you who are far away from a qualified instructor. (Students using the home study or online study please email me for information on this topic).

When I teach a Novice Certification Course here in my home town it is a one year endeavor. Students come once per month for 3 hours on a Saturday afternoon. They learn the theory and very importantly the practical application of this theory. After one year there is a 3 hour examination. 1 1/2 hour written and 1 1/2 practical. They are then awarded a probationary Black Belt which I will typically convert to 1st Dan after 6 months at no additional cost to the student.

As for distance learning it would work somewhat differently, but the approximate time frame of one year would still apply. Here is an example. Next week I am travelling to Romania to do a few seminars. When I am finished I am hoping to have some 10-20 people interesting in pursuing pressure point study to an advanced level. Once the group has been assembled I would travel back every 3-4 months and do a full weekend of classes, which would cover 3-4 months of materials. When I return months later this would be reviewed and new materials added in the same way. After one year, or approximately 4 weekend long sessions the students would be tested for their rank in Kyusho Jitsu. I do the testing under the umbrella or Kyusho International Alliance.

If you would like to understand better how all this works, this LINK will take you to my contact information page. Please remember I will be away from June 16th to June 25. But I will return your calls when I am back.