Saturday, May 16, 2009

A controversial art

Kyusho is a controversial art. There are knockout video's all over youtube (I have a few myself) with many comments both positive and negative. TV shows, including National Geography have cover the art and many try to debunk it. I can recall an incident on a TV news show in Chicago were the media called the knockout FAKE, even though the paramedic present said that something was going on (Shock).

Now the more successful you become in the arts, or anything else for that matter, the more people will try to discredit you. Personally I never believe any of the lies the media tells and I am becoming immune to criticism.

One of the reasons that Kyusho has become so controversial is that many of the instructors mis-represent the art. Kyusho is not just about knocking people out It is a study of the human nervous system, and how to use this knowledge in real self defense application.

Knockouts are part of Kyusho, they are great to learn and to practice, but they are only a small piece of the pie.

To me of the greatest benefits of having added Kyusho to my school is it keeps adults students and Black Belt training. After all the real benefits of the arts come with time.