Saturday, February 11, 2017

The Kyusho Jitsu Journey

Forest Path Brasov Romania
Forest Path Brasov Romania
Martial Artists and especially martial arts teachers are odd people. In many ways we don't fit into the normal society of today.  Aside from the values we have, there is something I want to discuss here.
We tend to put others first. I know I have been very guilty of this for a long time. People will say, "how is this a bad thing?" It is if we don't also think about our own education and our own development.
Many people will get into Kyusho and then stop the study. One reason i hear a lot is how much time it takes. But when you truthfully assess your free time, that "reason" no longer holds water.
I had a excellent student years ago who after reaching is Black Belt level stopped. He said he need more time with his younger children. Really? 2 hours per week is not going to make any difference, especially when the arts help to center you.
Now he is mostly just unhappy.
Invest in yourself, and invest in the education you started in martial arts however many years or even months ago. You cannot be at your best if you deprive yourself of personal development.  I was guilty of this until I started to study Kyusho. I taught classes which was and is my job, but I had not pursued any personal knowledge in new things, and in growth.
Tony Robbins said of his Personal Development Programs that he know most people don't finish listening or watching.  And that those that do are the ones who change their lives and succeed.
The same with Kyusho. If you love it, pursue the challenge, obtain all the rank you can and pass that information on to your students and others.  Without personal growth we are going backwards!
As my mentor Keith Hafner once told me. "You cannot help the poor by becoming one of them."
Pursue your dreams!