Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Why I love Kyusho

Why do I love the art of Kyusho so much? First I want to add that I have been in the martial arts my entire adult life. I first fell in love with the arts as a child watch Bruce Lee on TV playing Kato on The Green Hornet.

In later years I went to the movies to watch Bruce in film. At that time there was only one commercial martial arts school in Windsor. This was United Tae Kwon Do, run by Bob Chase. However the money was not there for me to become a student, so I took up boxing instead.

Years later, getting a job with Chrysler Canada made getting into the arts easy. I have never looked back since.

So back to Kyusho. Kyusho is a true learning experience. It is like going back to school to get a masters and a doctorate. Kyusho does not teach you to move like your root art does. It teaches you WHY you move a certain way, and HOW this affects the opponent.

Life is about learning, and this is a great medium for learning. Check it out for yourself.