Monday, May 3, 2010

How I got into Kyusho

This question will often come up when I meet with other martial artists. How and why did I become involved in Kyusho Jitsu? Well the story is simple, and I will explain it now.

Back in the mid to late 90's I was planning on traveling to Toronto with my son Curt and his friend. We were going to do some shopping and enjoy some Korean Food at a restaurant on Bloor Street. The day before we were to leave I decided to go downtown to the library and research some address in Toronto to visit. As I was about to leave I came into a very bad situation with a very large and 'crazy' man. I won't go into the details of this guy because they are not relevant to the story, but I was in need of my martial art training, and I was standing on ice. All of my skills were leg oriented, and my hand skills would not be sufficient with such a strong and large man, especially since he was obviously a trustee of modern chemistry.

Now I did manage to get out of the situation without it turning bad, but I knew that my martial arts training needed something else. That something else turned out to be Kyusho Jitsu.

Learning Kyusho and how to apply it to my root art was one, if the not the best, martial art decission I have ever made. Learning Kyusho can be challenging, especially given the lack of qualifies instructors, but today you can even learn ONLINE.

If you have not yet done so, please check out our NEW Novice Kyusho Jitsu Online Courses. Try it for a month and if you are not happy all you need do is cancel. There is not obligation to continue for any length of time. Visit our website and see for yourself!