Thursday, January 17, 2013

Using Pressure Points in Real Life Part 3

First I want to start again with my point, MMA, UFC, all these events are sport and anyone in any martial art needs to keep this in mind. There are no rounds, there are no rules. That being said lets take another look on how pressure point usage needs to be viewed to effective in the street. As I have said in previous articles we practice a certain way when training in pressure points to assure the safely of the training partner. This is one reason I prefer to teach these system to Black Belt or experienced people to make sure they already know how to hit with penetration. They won't confuse a light tap to ST-05 with a real hit to the same point. Time and time again I read comments by people going "its BS", the same people that train from the couch or "used to train when I was 15 and would be a grandmaster by now." Barfff. In this article I want to look at one point in particular which is called the "mental nerve" You will see Master Curt Mason demonstrate how the point works. The application should be obvious, BREAK THE NECK. Feel free to offer any comments you have! BTW we have some EXCELLENT eBooks if you want to learn more! Follow this link!