Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Kyusho Jitsu and Interpretation of Kata

Bunkai
 One of the cornerstones of many style of Karate has been the interpretation or bunkai of Kata. There are many, many very traditions methods of looking at these patterns. However kyusho also has Bunkai, in which we are looking for any possible pressure point strike and manipulations.

Sometimes they are exactly the same as the traditional, sometime not. I came originally from a Korean system of Hapkido. We had no hyung or Kata in our system so we used the ones from ITF TaeKwondo, however we did not do them in the same manner as the ITF does.

 I loved the pattern, but I found some of the movement made no sense at all if I was trying to see it from a street defense aspect. As for an art-form, they were beautiful! I would ask questions and often time the answers were nonsensical at best!

When I entered the Kyusho world I got explanations that made sense! I was sold!!! In our mini course we will also be cover the interpretation of patterns or Kata. If you would like to subscribe just follow the link below.

It is totally FREE. Have a great week! More Info2