Monday, September 19, 2016

Kyusho Jitsu....Is distance learning really possible?

Sunset silhouette of a man practicing martial arts
I had something funny happen yesterday, well I laughed pretty hard when it happen, but in a way it is not funny. A guy saw the ad on Facebook for the Free Kyusho Jitsu Mini Course, registered, confirmed his email, then proceeded to email me telling me because I am talking so much about distance learning I must be a fraud. I thanked him by deleting him from the free course....
I did not respond, mostly because I have no interest in changing his mind. It is not my job. Why did I laugh?
Because first and foremost I am a business man, and my business is martial arts. Back in 2003 after 20 years, I quit a $33 per hour job to take my school from part time to full time. I am good at what I do. And if my ad upsets someone enough to go through all the trouble of writing me, then I am thrilled! This product is not for everyone. But I got a response. Now if they are all negative, then I have a problem. But he is like 3%. My business mentor always says,
"if you have not pissed someone off today, you are not doing your job."
So true!
Now on to the question. Is distance learning possible?
YES...depending on the student!
I am a high school dropout. Everything I have learned, minus the formal martial arts training I received from different teachers over 30 plus years has been distance. All my business training has been about 80% distance, with some coaching in person in there.
I learned to so web design, IT and networking, plus auto mechanics via distance learning programs. Not to mention copywriting and marketing.
You can do a Kyusho distance learning program if you meet the following criteria.
  • You have formal martial arts training. You have training in a dojo.
  • You are self motives and complete tasks.
  • You can follow instructions and read.
  • You have ambition!
This type of training is NOT for you if:
  • Have no formal martial arts training
  • You are a lazy couch potato
  • You don't finish what you start
  • You don't believe you can do it
Otherwise there are really no barriers. My job is to help you understand the materials. So, really if you want to do it, there is no reason you should fail
As long as you do it!
Aside from that I hope you all have a fantastic day!