Friday, April 21, 2017

Attacks, Kyusho Jitsu and Body Piercing


Today body and face piercing is an enormously popular thing to do! I have no opinion on it either way personally. I have not done it, but for me the first priority, thought about it, was what would it do to energy flow?
Well the news is, it messes things up a lot! Especially if it is in contact with a meridian!  Now depending on how deep your knowledge of Kyusho Jitsu and its Principles is, you may or may not follow me on some of this.
I once had a student, great kid, who had done a lot of this type of art work on himself. He was interested in taking my Novice in Dojo Course so he attended a Pre-College. Now he had a piercing at TW-23, One around GV-26 and another at CO-24.  He asked during the session what would happen if he was to be hit here, by someone who knew what they were doing.
I tapped him lightly at TW-23 with no setup at all, and no contact with his body other than the strike. The look in his eyes told everything.  He said it was like an electrical storm in his head, flashes of light in his eyes.
Next I did some far more aggressive, because he wanted me to. His "nose" piercing. I sealed the back of his head and rubbed at FV-26 in a cross wise motion. He passed out.
Today with the fast number of people who have perceiving this is important information to know. No this is no judgement on piercings or character of those who have them. Just self defense FACT.
Someone versed in Kyusho Jitsu can use the piercings of an attacker to quickly end a confrontation!
But I will add a sub note here. When I did this, I "tapped" Marc at TW-23. In real life I would not TAP. It does bother me when I see so many stilling talking about "light touch" in Kyusho.  Light Touch is for training, for safety, but it should never be implied this will work in real life.
You hit the point, and you hit it HARD.