Friday, January 6, 2017

The Fragmentation of Kyusho Jitsu

Man in white kimono training karate
Like anything in the martial arts world, fragmentation occurs. Look at what happened to American Kenpo after the death of Grand Master Parker, or Tae Kwon Do after the passing of General Choi.
It is the norm, and Kyusho has certainly had it share!

The rumours abound of the retirement of Grand Master George DIllman, the founder of DKI.  But many years ago after some infighting there was a major split in the organized, and they splits in those. It is just part of life. People disagree and move on to other ways and other things.
It is all very good actually, it mean growth, and growth benefits everyone.

I was never a member of DKI, but I am a DKI Black Belt. I did not see an advantage for me in joining. I am a member of KIA, which is affiliated with DKI and I am happy and proud to be a member. But I have been doing my own thing a very long time.

Why? It is about growth and development.

I have my own idea on how things should be done, and so I explore that.  However all of this is very beneficial for the students. Because it mean growth, and growth is what it is all about!

I do encourage people to look at more then on way, one options. There is some amazing Kyusho out there and many different ideas on how things should be!

Learn always!