Monday, January 30, 2017

Kyusho Jitsu and Women's Self Defense Courses


This is a topic that I think every  martial artist has an interest in this very important part of the arts. For me self defense was always a passion. I did compete and I did pretty good, nothing national or anything like that.

But I really did not enjoy it.

But self defense was different. Over the years I have seen some excellent programs for women, and some truly terrible ones. The terrible ones are based on the things the instructor likes and not the needs of the student. The excellent ones included techniques as well as information on how to avoid trouble, plus were and how to deal with the aftermath. And there is always an aftermath.

We also went through a TERRIBLE stage of adrenaline stress to show people that what they learned may not work. This is fine for a regular students, but not a group of women trying to learn to defend themselves. Destroying confidence is the ultimate of failure and I have seen it happen many, many times.

What is the answer?

Women need an equalizer for the size and strength of an attacker, and that is Pressure Points.  A martial arts teacher who takes his technical knowledge of his or her art and ads the elements of pressure point strikes will create an effective and perhaps life saving course, workshop or on going program.

Think about it.

I do have a resource that can help. Our Kyusho Jitsu Theories to Street Applications which can help you map out such a program. Check it out below.
Kyusho Jitsu Theories to Street Applications
 Have a great week!